Freight Services to the Out Islands
Our dedicated freight department offers frequent, reliable freight service to all our scheduled destinations in the Bahamas and freight charters to any destination within a 500-mile radius of our base in Fort Lauderdale.Learn More
|RATE||DELIVERY WINDOW||MINIMUM MIN.|
|PRIORITY RUSH*||$3.50/lb||1-2 Days||$65|
|GUARANTEED DELIVERY (up to 100lbs)|
$300 (Jan1-Nov 30)
All rates subject to change without notice.
*Does not guarantee same-day service. Holiday rates may apply.
Please note: All freight is shipped on a “space available” basis and is subject to size and weight limitations. For all shipments, the billable weight will be the greater of the actual weight or the dimensional weight.
We now offer Packing and Shipping of Hazardous Material. We’re also pet-friendly.
In order for your unaccompanied parcel to be shipped, we need your receipt for the items we are sending. This is required for customs – both U.S. Customs at departure and Bahamas Customs upon arrival. When you place an order, please ask the supplier to include an invoice/receipt and contact information for the recipient.
You must email this information to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 954.771.0499, when your items have been delivered. Please note all delivery times are calculated from the date the package(s), documentation, and payment have ALL been received.
All packages MUST include:
- Invoice with total $ value (item $, tax $, shipping $)
- Cruising Permit (if applicable)
- Recipient Contact Information (phone, email)
Please address packages using the format below:
First Name, Last Name
2331 NW 55th Court, Hangar 19
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
*Do not put Makers Air anywhere on the package. Simply put the name of whoever is going to be receiving the package in the islands.
Tracking Your Shipment to Makers Air:
Please have your carrier tracking number to Makers Air before contacting us regarding your package. Please track your shipment online with the company you ordered from. Once all your packages show as “Delivered”, please email us at email@example.com and let us know you are ready for your packages to ship to the islands. Due to the volume of packages received, we do not call senders upon receipt of packages
The average duty is 45% of the total landed value ($ value of item + any insurance premium + ALL shipping costs) of your items. However, a few common items are either free or somewhat less. Duty will be collected at the port-of-entry for all parcels being shipped to: Chub Cay, Great Harbour Cay, North Eleuthera, Rock Sound, San Andros, Fresh Creek, Congo Town, Cat Island. You, the shipper, are responsible for being aware of and paying for, all duties and levies applicable to your package.
NOTE: If a parcel contains a repair/replacement part for a vessel, and you submit a valid cruising permit to us at time of delivery, you may only be subject to entry and processing fees. However, not all replacement parts fall under this condition, so please contact the freight department with any questions.
If a parcel contains building materials (materials used in the structure of building), you may only be subject to entry and processing fees. Please visit www.bahamas.gov.bs for information on duties, exemptions, levies, VAT, etc.
Special handling charges may apply on exceptionally bulky or heavy items, repackaging, storage, Hazmat, forklift, domestic shipping, etc. Storage fees will apply to parcels left at our facility for over 1 week without contact or shipment information.
You may ship perishable items. Perishable items always fly at the Priority Rush Rate as we cannot store them. All deliveries of perishable items should be individually coordinated with our Freight Department to ensure prompt and expedited delivery.
The preferred form of payment is credit card. We take MasterCard, VISA, Discover and American Express.
Any invoices that go unpaid after 30 days will be subject to late charges.
Freight Department Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions must be approved before you can set up a freight shipment with Makers Air. Contact the Freight Department at 954.771.0330 to arrange a shipment.
All freight will be shipped on a “space available” basis and is subject to size and weight limitations.
- “Regular” shipments: 5-7 day delivery window
- $2.00 per pound with a $35.00 minimum per shipment
- “Express” shipments: 2-3 day delivery window
- $2.50 per pound with a $50.00 minimum per shipment
- Does not guarantee same-day service
- “Priority Rush” shipments: 1-2 day delivery window
- $3.50 per pound with a $65.00 minimum
- Does not guarantee same-day service
- All “Priority Rush” shipments MUST be at our facility by 11:30 am for inclusion on our 1:00 pm flights and by 3:30 pm THE DAY PRIOR for inclusion on our 7:00 am flights.
- “Guaranteed Cargo Delivery” shipments (upon availability)
- If available, you may purchase “Guaranteed Cargo Delivery”, which guarantees your freight shipment will be sent on a specific flight.
- Up to 100 lbs., $300 (Jan 1 - Nov 30)
- Up to 100 lbs., $400 (December)
- All “Guaranteed Cargo Delivery” shipments MUST be at our facility by 11:30 am for inclusion on our 1:00 pm flights and by 3:30 pm THE DAY PRIOR for inclusion on our 7:00 am flights.
1. Makers Air Contract With You: These terms and conditions, are all the terms of the contract between you (the sender of the shipment) and us. When you tender a shipment to us, you accept our terms for you, and for anyone else who has a legal interest in the shipment. Our terms and conditions also protect anyone with whom we may contract to collect, transport, or deliver your shipment.
2. What “Shipment” Means: A shipment means all allowable contents that travel under one Air Waybill (Shipping Label), not just any single document or item included in a shipment. You certify that the shipment details are complete and accurate.
3. Your Obligations: You warrant that each article in the shipment is properly described on this Air Waybill (Shipping Label) and any accompanying documents, acceptable for transport by us, and properly marked, addressed, and packed to ensure safe transportation with ordinary care in handling. You are responsible for all charges, including postage, and possible surcharges, Customs and duties assessments including fees related to our prepayment of the same, governmental penalties and fines, taxes, and our attorney fees and legal costs, related to this shipment.
4. Prohibited Contents: We do not accept as a shipment anything that is considered a restricted article or hazardous material as defined by the Department of Transportation (DOT), or dangerous goods as defined by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) or the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), or certain other items listed in the Service Guide or International Mail Manual (IMM), such as cash or cash equivalents. If an item is considered hazardous material, we can have these items packaged and labeled for you at an additional cost.
5. Customs: You are responsible for and warrant your compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, including but not limited to Customs laws; import, export, and re-export laws; and governmental regulations of any country to, from, though, or over which your shipment may be carried. You agree to furnish such information and complete and attach to this Air Waybill (Shipping Label) such documents as are necessary to comply with such laws, rules, and regulations. We assume no liability to you or any other person for any losses or expenses due to your failure to comply with this provision.
6. Authorization to ship: We are not a storage company and do not require a customer’s authorization to prepare items for shipment. Each customer will be assigned a bin for their packages. Packages are prepared for shipment at our discretion based upon whichever occurs first: the customer’s bin reaches max capacity OR they request items for shipment. Once an invoice has been created and emailed to the customer for payment, we will not alter to add or combine other deliveries to the invoice.
7. Late Fees: Any items that are in our hanger after 30 days due to failure to pay applicable shipping costs or incomplete information will be subject to a $5/day late fee. After 90 days if lack of payment and/or information still prevents shipment we reserve the right to discard such parcels. It is the responsibility of the customer to provide timely, accurate and complete information so that packages can be shipped expeditiously.
8. Payment: All shipping invoices must be paid in full prior to shipment - no exceptions.
9. Loss or Damage: We are a freight forwarding company, we are not responsible for any lost or damaged items. We do not inspect items for damage or see if they are complete upon receipt at our hangar.
10. Delayed Shipments: We will make our best effort to deliver your shipment according to our regular delivery schedules. We cannot guarantee any specific date for delivery.
11. Right to Inspect: We have the right to open and inspect all packages before shipment
12. Correct Labels: All shipping labels must include your first and last name and final destination in the Bahamas. Packages received with no name will be returned to sender.
13. Cruising Permits: For vessels with a valid and current Bahamian cruising permit, some boat parts are designated as duty free. However many boats and consumables are not duty free. Final determination is made by Bahamian custom agents in the various ports of entry into which we clear. Their decision is final and the customer agrees to pay the assigned duty cost, even if under a cruising permit.